HPC POS System, Corp. To Develop New Nutraceutical Cannabis Product Lineadmin
Reno, NV / February 27, 2014 / ACCESSWIRE / HPC POS SYSTEM, CORP. (PINKSHEETS: HPCS), a health company specializing in advances in Supplements for Health, and Anti-Aging today announced that we are entering into the medical Marijuana and Hemp space to cover all sectors of the marketplace via a new holding company being created called Cannabis Health Group. This will include the development of edibles, ecommerce, cosmetics and software via their delivery systems and the engagement of knowledgeable Technical Scientists in this venue.
The goal of the Cannabis Health Group is to address a growing demand in the nutraceutical market for naturally occurring cannabinoids and, in particular, cannabidiol (CBD). CBD is related to Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol, (the psychoactive constituent of the cannabis plant); however, it possesses no psychoactive properties. “Although exciting research into the anti-inflammatory, neuroprotective and immunosuppressive effects [1-3] of CBD for such diseases as rheumatoid arthritis and Alzheimer’s is of great interest to us, we are most excited about the anti-oxidant properties of CBD when used as a nutritional supplement” said Fred Schiemann, CEO of Cannabis Health Group. “A large body of research currently being conducted into the potential health benefits of CBD  particularly into its actions as an inhibitor of cancer cell proliferation, metastasis, and tumor growth [5-7] and Cannabis Health Group is planning to position themselves to be a leading supplier of CBD-containing nutritional supplements”
The Company expects to release its first product in the Spring of 2014.
1. Malfait, A.M., et al., The nonpsychoactive cannabis constituent cannabidiol is an oral anti-arthritic therapeutic in murine collagen-induced arthritis. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A, 2000. 97(17): p. 9561-6.
2. Mechoulam, R., L.A. Parker, and R. Gallily, Cannabidiol: an overview of some pharmacological aspects. J Clin Pharmacol, 2002. 42(11 Suppl): p. 11S-19S.
3. Karl, T., et al., The therapeutic potential of the endocannabinoid system for Alzheimer’s disease. Expert Opin Ther Targets, 2012. 16(4): p. 407-20.
4. Zuardi, A.W., Cannabidiol: from an inactive cannabinoid to a drug with wide spectrum of action. Rev Bras Psiquiatr, 2008. 30(3): p. 271-80.
5. McAllister, S.D., et al., Pathways mediating the effects of cannabidiol on the reduction of breast cancer cell proliferation, invasion, and metastasis. Breast Cancer Res Treat, 2011. 129(1): p. 37-47.
6. Marcu, J.P., et al., Cannabidiol enhances the inhibitory effects of delta9-tetrahydrocannabinol on human glioblastoma cell proliferation and survival. Mol Cancer Ther, 2010. 9(1): p. 180-9.
7. McAllister, S.D., et al., Cannabidiol as a novel inhibitor of Id-1 gene expression in aggressive breast cancer cells. Mol Cancer Ther, 2007. 6(11): p. 2921-7.
ABOUT WELLNESSBUILDER: http://www.wellnessbuilder.com/
The Company specializes in advances in Supplements for Health, and Anti-Aging with a special interest in Preventative Medicine. The Company was formed to distribute nutraceutical formulas developed over thirty years of research by world renowned team of UCLA scientists. Wellnessbuilder scientists have created more than a dozen fucoidan-based formulas which are intended to address the needs of individuals suffering from DDS (Degenerative Disease Syndrome), which includes such maladies as gastrointestinal disorders, auto-immune diseases, asthma, Alzeimer’s, dementia, diabetes, arthritis, cancer, and heart disease.
This press release includes forward-looking statements concerning the future performance of our business, its operations and its financial performance and condition, and also includes selected operating results presented without the context of accompanying financial results. These forward-looking statements include, among others, statements with respect to our objectives and strategies to achieve those objectives, as well as statements with respect to our beliefs, plans, expectations, anticipations, estimates or intentions. These forward-looking statements are based on our current expectations. We caution that all forward-looking information is inherently uncertain and actual results may differ materially from the assumptions, estimates or expectations reflected or contained in the forward-looking information, and that actual future performance will be affected by a number of factors, including economic conditions, technological change, regulatory change and competitive factors, many of which are beyond our control. Therefore, future events and results may vary significantly from what we currently foresee. We are under no obligation (and we expressly disclaim any such obligation) to update or alter the forward-looking statements whether as a result of new information, future events or otherwise.
Source: HPC POS SYSTEM, CORP.
Posted: February 27th, 2014 under ACCESSWIRE.