Would You Teach A Fish To Climb A Tree?admin
A Different Take on Kids with ADD, ADHD, OCD, and Autism
ACCESSWIRE / March 19, 2014 / Would You Teach a Fish to Climb a Tree? A Different Take on Kids with ADD, ADHD, OCD and Autism provides us with a refreshing and new perspective on these children who are so different from their peers. Co-authored by three practitioners who have had remarkable success working with them, this book is filled with practical tools, stories, observations, and life changing questions that can be used by anyone who has one of these kids in their life and who is looking for something different. These children are magical and you are sure to fall in love with many of them. There are many magical adults as well … those who are willing to step beyond what so many experts in the field advocate, into what they actually know to be effective with the children. Parents and siblings and relatives; teachers and therapists and administrators; peers and loved ones and friends … all will benefit from this book on Autism.
– Authors – A rare combination of three unique talents coming together. Considered by many to be “outside the box,” each has a wealth of experience with these children and their caregivers. Coming from different disciplines and collaborating together, they have a refreshing and innovative approach to this topic.
– Author Anne Maxwell wrote The Keys to the Magic, A Play Therapist’s Handbook of Family Centered Play Therapy. She is hosts two radio shows, Crème de la Crème and The Magic of Being. She travels worldwide, facilitating classes and workshops for parents, children, therapists, school staffs and adults.
– Author Gary Douglas wrote the best-seller The Place, along with many other successful books. He has achieved international acclaim for his transformational work and has appeared on major TV shows such as The Morning Show and Good Morning.
– Author Dain Heer is a recognizable name in the consciousness and transformational fields. He is an engaging radio and TV personality, appearing on Fox News, Good Morning and Gaiam TV, and the host of his radio show Conversations in Consciousness.
– Book – A different point of view of children who function outside what is considered to be the norm and who have been given the diagnoses of ADD, ADHD, OCD and autism. This book debunks many of the myths surrounding these children. It offers practical tools that actually work! These are tools that can be used to reduce the stress and overwhelm facing them and their loved ones and others, and, to improve the quality of their lives.
– Target Audience – Parents, teachers, therapists of all kinds, relatives… in short, anyone who knows or is related to or works with kids who have been given any/all of these diagnoses. This book has been written for anyone who has a sense that there is more than meets the eye for these children, and, is at a loss as to what to do or say or how to be with them. It is for anyone who claims that they have “tried everything, and yet nothing seems to work.”
Children who have been diagnosed with ADD, ADHD, OCD and autism are not normal and average. What if there is nothing wrong with them? What if they are just different?
Labels evoke images, answers, and definitions, and nothing can be considered that doesn’t fit within the confines of the labels. If they weren’t labeled, what could that change?
These children don’t learn the same way we do. They pick up things in a totally different manner. We need to step up and find out how they learn.
What if these kids are not their labels?
It’s important to acknowledge what kids know and what they are aware of … even if they are very young or even if they have been labeled
When you understand how kids with autism communicate, your communication with them can go to a place that allows you – and them – greater ease.
This book contains many practical tools that you can use to communicate more easily with these children.
What if people with ADD and ADHD are the greatest multi-taskers in the universe? They are always looking for more sensory input.
ABOUT THE AUTHORS
Anne Maxwell, LCSW, RPT-S, is a child and play and family therapist, and an Access Consciousness® facilitator with over 20 years of experience working with children of all ages and backgrounds, who have been given all kinds of diagnoses. Anne teaches children and parents to tap into and recognize their own abilities and knowing, and to acknowledge that different is simply different; not right, not wrong. As a result, healing and change are so much easier, more effective, more fun and faster! www.childfamilyplaytherapy.com
Gary Douglas is a best-selling author, international speaker and a sought-after facilitator who inspires people to see different possibilities and to “know what they know.” He empowers people to know that they are the source for creating the change they desire and for creating a life that goes beyond the limitations of popular beliefs and conditioning. http://www.garymdouglas.com. Gary pioneered a set of transformational life changing tools and processes known as Access Consciousness® 25 years ago. His work has spread to 50 countries, with 2,000 trained facilitators worldwide. Simple but effective, these tools facilitate people of all ages and backgrounds to help remove limitations holding them back from a full life. www.accessconsciousness.com.
Dr Dain Heer is an international speaker, author and facilitator of advanced workshops worldwide. He invites and inspires people to more consciousness from total allowance, caring, humor and a phenomenal knowing. He is the co-creator of Access Consciousness. He has a completely different approach to healing by teaching people to tap into and recognize their own abilities and knowing. www.drdainheer.com
Would You Teach A Fish To Climb A Tree? is distributed by Access Consciousness Publishing
ISBN: 978-1-939261-50-2 US$35.00 /AU$35.00, Paperback, 212 pages, 6” x 9”
Psychology: Psychopathology – Autism
Psychology: Psychopathology – Attention Deficit Disorder
Family & Relationships: Autism Spectrum Disorders
Would You Teach A Fish To Climb A Tree? is available on Amazon.com as a paperback and Kindle
To learn more please visit, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYlLJVwAt_M
Posted: March 19th, 2014 under ACCESSWIRE.