We Salute You, In Memory of our Veterans $9,400,000 National Fundraising Campaign Launch.
Montreal, Québec – The Last Post Fund has embarked on a national fundraising campaign, entitled In Memory of our Veterans, with Major-General (Retired) Lewis MacKenzie, UE, CM, CMM, MSC, O.Ont, CD as Honorary Chairman for fund raising and Lieutenant-General (Retired) Lou Cuppens as Campaign Coordinator.
“For over a century, the Last Post Fund has provided dignified funerals and burials for 150,000 Canadian financially challenged Veterans”, states MGen (Ret’d) Lewis MacKenzie.
The specific use of proceeds is very well-defined with contributions (cash or in-kind) directed to these primary, urgent areas of need:
- $1,000,000 set aside to facilitate the dignified burial of financially challenged Veterans who are not eligible for the Funeral and Burial Program
- $1,000,000 to support the Last Post Fund’s Unmarked Grave Program, whose objective is to provide a permanent military-style marker for eligible Veterans buried in unmarked graves. According to Veterans Affairs Canada, between 20,000 and 30,000 Veterans’ graves are unmarked throughout the country
- $1,000,000 for purchase and clearance of new land section at the LPF National Field of Honour
- $200,000 for renovation of the Arthur Hair Reception Centre at the National Field of Honour
- $200,000 for road repairs and equipment
- $6,000,000 to sustain the perpetual care fund of the LPF National Field of Honour and to support other Fields of Honour set up by the Last Post Fund
Several advantages are offered to donors as specified in our Donor Recognition Program.
Mission: The Last Post Fund (LPF) is a non-profit organization whose mission, since 1909, is to ensure that no eligible Canadian or Allied Veteran is denied a dignified funeral and burial due to insufficient funds at time of death. The LPF delivers the Funeral and Burial Program on behalf of Veterans Affairs Canada.
National Office, 505 René-Lévesque Blvd West, Suite 401 Montreal, Quebec H2Z 1Y7
Toll-Free: 800-465-7113 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Registered Charity No. 11900 9181 RR0002 – Receipts for income tax purposes will be issued.
Last Post Fund www.lastpostfund.ca
Veterans Affairs Canada www.veterans.gc.ca/eng/bereavement/gravevac
Campaign coverage: http://www.cbj.ca/features/aug_12_features/the_last_post_fund.html
Keywords: Canadian Armed Forces, Merchant Navy Veteran, Second World War, WWII, Korean War, deceased Veterans, non-profit organization, funeral, burial, military style gravemarker, grave marker, disability benefit, National Field of Honour, Allied Veteran, Allied Forces, Canadian Forces, Canadian Government, military families, The Honourable Steven Blaney, Minister of Veterans Affairs, Navy, Air Force, Army, final resting place, bravery, valour, honour, duty, unmarked grave, Pointe-Claire, PQ, Modern Day Veterans, donor recognition, benevolent, LCol, Lieutenant-Colonel, Major-General, LGen, Lieutenant-General, gift-in-kind, philanthropy, philanthropist, charity, donation, not-for-profit
This press release was graciously provided as gift-in-kind by Money.ca for which we are grateful and hereby recognize as “Friend” of the In Memory of our Veterans campaign.
Jean-Pierre Goyer, Executive Director Toll-Free: 1 (800) 465-7113