Antifreeze Market Size to Reach $8.76 Billion by 2025 | CAGR: 6.6%: Grand View Research, Inc.
SAN FRANCISCO, September 21, 2017
SAN FRANCISCO, September 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ —
The global antifreeze market is expected to reach USD 8.76 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Growing automotive sector in emerging economies including China, India, Indonesia, South Korea and Mexico is expected to drive market demand.
Rising concerns in protecting automotive engines and radiators against overheating, freezing and corrosion is expected to drive the demand for antifreeze. Increasing demand for passenger cars & light weight commercial vehicles in China & India coupled with favorable government policies on automotive development and manufacturing is expected to create immense market potential.
Organic acid technology (OAT) accounted for over 51% of the global volume share in 2016. High demand for coolants based on minimally depleting carboxylate technology as substitutes for conventional antifreeze based on silicates, nitrates, phosphates and amines is expected to translate into rapid industry growth over the forecast period.
Aerospace accounted for the second largest application sector. Growing commercial aerospace subsector coupled with increasing defense budgets by countries including UK, Middle Eastern Countries, Japan, France, India and China will promote industry growth.
Browse full research report with TOC on
Antifreeze Market Analysis, By Product (Ethylene Glycol, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin), By Technology (OAT, IAT, HOAT), By Application (Automotive, Aerospace, Industrial) And Segment Forecasts, 2014 – 2025
Further key findings from the report suggest:
- Ethylene Glycol based antifreeze were the dominant product segment and accounted for 54.7% of the total market share in 2016 owing to increasing usage in deicing, prevention of radiator overheating and protection against radiator freezing.
- Asia Pacific accounted for the largest share in 2016 and is anticipated to show substantial growth considering increasing demand for passenger cars and light commercial vehicles mainly in China and India.
- The European aerospace market is expected to witness the maximum growth owing to the immense investments made in aerospace R&D and presence of abundant players in countries including Germany, France, UK, Sweden and Poland.
- In March 2015, Rechochem launched HD diesel coolants for high heat engines. The company plans on expanding its existent diesel coolant product line by introducing new products using the RECO Blue technology so as to meet the demand and product specifications.
- The industrial heat transfer and cooling system on HVAC equipment market is expected to grow significantly over the forecast period owing to the increasing demand in end use industries including residential, industrial, commercial and automotive. This will drive the demand for antifreeze in HVAC equipment.
- Stringent regulatory framework regarding antifreeze disposal & recycling has compelled manufacturers to adopt environment-friendly, sustainable materials & products in the automotive industry.
- The presence of major players in the market including Royal Dutch Shell, ExxonMobil Corporation, Chevron Philips Corporation, Sinopec, Total S.A., Kost USA, Motul, Ashland Corporation, British Petroleum PLC., Lukoil, Petronas, BASF, Duetsche Pentosin and SONAX is expected to augment industry size.
Browse related reports by Grand View Research:
Earthenware Market –
Chemical Protective Clothing Market –
Industrial Diamond Market –
Cement Additive Market –
Grand View Research has segmented the global antifreeze market on the basis of product, technology, application, and region:
Product Outlook (Volume, Million Gallons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Ethylene Glycol Based
- Propylene Glycol Based
- Glycerin Based
Technological Outlook (Volume, Million Gallons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- OAT (Organic Acid Technology)
- IAT (Inorganic Acid Technology)
- HOAT (Hybrid Organic Acid Technology)
Application Outlook (Volume, Million Gallons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Industrial heat transfer and cooling systems
Regional Outlook (Volume, Million Gallons; Revenue, USD Million, 2014 – 2025)
- Central & South America
- Middle East & Africa
- North America
Read Our Blog
By Grand View Research
About Grand View Research
Grand View Research, Inc. is a U.S. based market research and consulting company, registered in the State of California and headquartered in San Francisco. The company provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. To help clients make informed business decisions, we offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a range of industries, from technology to chemicals, materials and healthcare.
Corporate Sales Specialist, USA
Grand View Research, Inc.
Toll Free: 1-888-202-9519
SOURCE Grand View Research, Inc.