Seattle, WA (PRWEB) July 11, 2017
The 2017 Make ‘Em Bleed Roller Derby Blood Drive Series
Dates and locations being added and updated weekly. For the latest news, check http://community.brownpapertickets.com/wp/redcross-blood-drives-roller-derby/.
Call 1-800-RED-CROSS or visit http://www.redcrossblood.org and enter the sponsor code: DERBY to schedule a convenient donation appointment, but walk-ins are welcome.
- Wednesday, July 26 (Pottstown, Pennsylvania): Join the Rockstar Rollerderby from 2-7 p.m. at Ringing Hill Fire Company, 815 White Pine Lane.
- Saturday, July 29 (San Jose, California): Join the Silicon Valley Roller Derby from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Silver Creek Sportsplex, 800 Embedded Way.
- Saturday, Aug. 5 (St. Petersburg, Florida): Join the Deadly Rival Roller Derby from 5 p.m. to 7 p.m. at The Slayground, 4033 35th St N. (donors asked to sign-up to donate at http://www.oneblood.org).
- Friday, Aug. 11 (Woodbridge, New Jersey): Join the Dirty Jersey Roller Girls at a time to be announced at the VFW Post.
- Sunday, Aug. 13 (Philadelphia, Pennsylvania): Join the Philly Roller Derby from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. at Roxborough Memorial Hospital, 5800 Ridge Avenue.
- Sunday, Aug. 13 (Chicago, Illinois): Join roller derby athletes from across the Midwest for the first annual WORLD ROLLER DERBY WEEK, a public skate-and-cake blood donor pledge event at Coliseum Park, commemorating the public debut of the sport at that location in Chicago in 1935.
- Friday, Aug. 18 (Santa Cruz, California): Join the Santa Cruz Derby Girls from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Santa Cruz Strength, 151 Harvey West Blvd Suite D.
- Friday, Aug. 18 (Livermore, California): Join the Quad City Derby Bombshells at a time to be announced at Asbury United Methodist Church, 4743 East Ave.
- Saturday, Aug. 19 (Chicago, Illinois): Join roller derby athletes from across the country for “Time Hop,” at Fleetwood Roller rink, sponsored by Midwest Roller Derby and Northern Illinois Junior Roller Derby. This game is also a public pledge to donate event where roller derby athletes will skate in the style that the sport made it’s debut in Chicago 82 years ago, in 1935. A limited number of tickets are available online through Brown Paper Tickets at http://timehop2017.bpt.me/.
- Friday, Aug. 25 (Santa Rosa, California): Join the Resurrection Roller Girls and the Sonoma Roller Derby; at a time to be announced at the American Red Cross, 5287 Aero Drive. Both leagues have teamed-up for this blood drive in competition for which league can attract the most blood donor registrants, in competition for the Brown Paper Tickets cup.
- Wednesday, October 11, (Stonybrook, New York): Join the Strong Island Roller Derby from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. at the Hilton Garden Inn.
- Sunday, Oct. 29 (Chicago, Illinois): Join roller derby leagues from across the Midwest at from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at The American Red Cross of Chicago & Northern Illinois, 2200 West Harrison Street Chicago, IL 60612.
- Saturday, Dec. 2 (Antioch, California): Join the Undead Bettys at a time and place to be announced.
Follow the roller derby blood drives at #makeembleed. Any roller derby league wishing to bring the Make ‘Em Bleed roller derby blood drive series to their hometown should email organizers at derbyblooddrive(at)gmail(dot)com.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2017/07/prweb14496778.htm