Effective: January 1, 2020
Wise Publishing acknowledges the intention of the California legislature as follows:
The right of Californians to:
- know what personal information is being collected about them;
- know whether their personal information is sold or disclosed and to whom;
- say no to the sale of personal information;
- access their personal information; and
- equal service and price, even if they exercise their privacy rights.
In response to a request, we will delete CCPA Information we have collected from you unless the CCPA Information is needed for the following:
- To complete a transaction for which we collected the CCPA Information, provide a good or service you requested, take actions reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship with you, or otherwise perform our contract with you,
- Detect security incidents, protect against malicious, deceptive, fraudulent, or illegal activity, or prosecute those responsible for such activities,
- Debug products to identify or repair errors that impair functionality,
- Exercise free speech, ensure the right of another consumer to exercise their free speech rights, or exercise another right provided for by law,
- Enable solely internal uses that are reasonably aligned with consumer expectations based on your relationship with us,
- Comply with a legal obligation, including compliance with the California Electronic Communications Privacy Act, or
- Otherwise use CCPA Information about you, internally, in a lawful manner that is compatible with the context in which you provided the information.
To better protect you and CCPA Information about you, we will only respond to access or deletion requests that we have been able to properly verify through our authentication processes. To verify your identity, you will be asked to provide certain information, which we will only use to verify your identity and/or your authority to make the request. We will not respond to more than two access requests from you within a 12-month period.
We will not discriminate against you for exercising any of your rights under the CCPA.