Renforth Announces Commencement of Drillingadmin
Renforth Announces Commencement of Drilling
Toronto, Ontario CANADA, February 10, 2014 /FSC/ – Renforth Resources Inc. (RFR – CSE),(“Renforth” or the “Company”) is pleased to announce the commencement of drilling for the previously announced drilling program of a minimum length of 600 metres focused on the Thompson-Cadillac Mine deposit, adjacent to Highway 117 approximately 15 kms west of Malartic, Quebec.
“Renforth is excited to have our 2014 exploration season underway at our flagship asset, the former Thompson-Cadillac Mine. We will be focused this year on the New Alger Project, putting a near surface resource in place at the Thompson-Cadillac Mine deposit, along with follow up on the Discovery Vein later in the season,” states Nicole Brewster, President and CEO of Renforth.
The map below depicts the approximate targeting of the initial drillholes. These are designed to intersect known mineralization at shallower depths within veins 1, 2 and 3. Success with these holes is expected to demonstrate continuity and add confidence to the existing model, which is a combination of historic and more recent NI 43-101 compliant drilling. This model is expected to support an eventual NI 43-101 initial resource estimate for the Thompson-Cadillac Mine deposit.
To view the map, click onto the following link:
Renforth is currently compiling a database of historical information regarding the Thompson-Cadillac property, which is demonstrating that the property has been poorly explored to date. This research has uncovered some of the following interesting facts, taken from historical, non 43-101 compliant documents created by working professionals in the field at various times:
1) In 1929 Shaft #1 had been developed to a depth of 600 feet, at the 300 foot level a hole was drilled to the south almost to the discovery vein.
2) By 1946 this hole to the south had been replaced with a crosscut south for a length of 1000 feet, at the 800 foot length of the crosscut there was 500 feet of drifting done to the west. Renforth has mapped this against the results from the summer 2013 exploration season, Renforth’s surface findings line up with the location of a steeply plunging vertical vein at depth in the drifting off the crosscut.
3) There is no record of any meaningful geological mapping of the property being done on either the surface or underground, this speaks to the exploration effort being based solely on visual mineralization on surface and underground.
4) In 1947 Shaft #1 was deepened to a final depth of 1124 feet. A level established at 1100 feet led to the discovery of 4 new zones of mineralization
5) The project was idled in 1948 and held privately until 1981 with no activity taking place. Activity subsequent to 1981, and prior to “recent” activity commencing in 2007 consisted only of compilation and section work, the capping of the two shafts, a Mag and VLF survey and the drilling of two diamond drill holes, both of these are reported to have intersected gold. This means that the bulk of meaningful work on the property was on an intermittent basis between discovery in 1924 and idling in 1948.
Renforth is pursuing the compilation of the property history in order to both better guide Renforth’s exploration efforts, with the efficient use of historic data deemed reliable by management, and in order to answer the question of why this property is still sitting relatively unexploited in a very important gold camp. Once completed the historical data, sourced from Natural Resources Canada and SIGEOM databases, will be available on the Renforth website.
The technical information in this press release has been reviewed and approved by Brian H. Newton P.Geo, a qualified person pursuant to the guidelines contained within National Instrument 43-101.
Renforth Resources Inc. is a Toronto-based exploration company with interests in two exploration assets: the previously productive New Alger property, located in the Cadillac Break Mining Camp, Quebec, and the Mina Pilar Project, located SW of Madrid Spain, also a historic producer of gold.
For further information please contact:
Renforth Resources Inc.
President and Chief Executive Officer
T: (416) 368.5049 F: (416) 368.3151
No securities regulatory authority has approved or disapproved of the contents of this news release.
Forward Looking Statements
This news release contains forward-looking statements and information under applicable securities laws, including with respect to the estimation of a NI 43-101 compliant resource at the New Alger project. All statements, other than statements of historical fact, are forward looking. Forward-looking statements are frequently identified by such words as ‘may’, ‘will’, ‘plan’, ‘expect’, ‘believe’, ‘anticipate’, ‘estimate’, ‘intend’ and similar words referring to future events and results. Such statements and information are based on the current opinions and expectations of management. All forward-looking information is inherently uncertain and subject to a variety of assumptions, risks and uncertainties, including the speculative nature of mineral exploration and development, fluctuating commodity prices, the risks of obtaining necessary approvals, licences and permits and the availability of financing, as described in more detail in the Company’s securities filings available at www.sedar.com. Actual events or results may differ materially from those projected in the forward-looking statements and the reader is cautioned against placing undue reliance thereon. Forward-looking information speaks only as of the date on which it is provided and the Company assumes no obligation to revise or update these forward-looking statements except as required by applicable law.
RENFORTH RESOURCES INC.
65 Front Street East,
To view this press release as a PDF file, click onto the following link:
Source: Renforth Resources Inc. (CSE: RFR)
Maximum News Dissemination by FSCwire. http://www.fscwire.com
Posted: February 10th, 2014 under FSCWIRE.