Pull out your notes or thoughts on strategic suggestions and apply
the following 10 tactical tips below to optimize opportunities,
maximize your profits, grow your company, and meet your goals:
Brainstorm on how or where you can apply these tactics on your
1. Make sure you know who your top 10 most profitable
customers are. How can you grow your products and
services in a way that helps them more and gives you
2. If one of your top 10 clients no longer does business with
your company, what other company can move into its spot?
3. Work together with your team to forge ahead with a new
product or service.
4. Accelerate current business.
5. Pass up sales that would be profitable but hard to collect.
Lower-cost transactions that are made consistently will be
better on your company’s balance sheet.
6. Fix customer complaints right away. Don’t wait.
7. Periodically review your product or service’s pricing structure.
8. Shed the dead weight of customers who no longer support
your company’s financial and strategic goals. Ask the
accounting staff which customers cost the company money
or abuse your employees. Getting rid of them will create
company-wide goodwill and increase company profits.
9. Invest in the latest technologies that will boost your
company’s bottom line.
10. Don’t let your company be hit too hard by deferred revenue.
Small companies can be hit especially hard by this issue.
Mark Borkowski is president of Mercantile Mergers & Acquisitions Corporation. He can be reached at www.mercantilemergersacquisitions.com