Simplycash® card from American Express review
Towfiqu ahamed barbhuiya / Shutterstock
Updated: July 20, 2023
We adhere to strict standards of editorial integrity to help you make decisions with confidence. Please be aware that some (or all) products and services linked in this article are from our sponsors.
We adhere to strict standards of editorial integrity to help you make decisions with confidence. Please be aware this post may contain links to products from our partners. We may receive a commission for products or services you sign up for through partner links.
We adhere to strict standards of editorial integrity to help you make decisions with confidence. While we received payment to create this article, and some (or all) of the products and services linked are from our sponsors, the opinions and insights shared are our own.
Get a head start and receive cash back when you spend with the SimplyCash® Preferred Card from American Express.
The SimplyCash® Preferred Card from American Express at a glance
- Welcome Bonus that could add up to $400 in statement credits in the first 10 months. Terms and conditions apply.
- Earn accelerated earn rates on eligible gas and grocery purchases.
- $9.99/month (Equals a total fee of $119.88 annually)
Why we like it
In your first 10 months as a new SimplyCash® Preferred Card from American Express Cardmember, you can earn a $40 statement credit for each monthly billing period in which you spend $750 in purchases on your Card. This could add up to $400 in statement credits in the first 10 months. Conditions apply.
Competitive Cash Back: Earn 4% cash back on eligible gas station purchases in Canada, 4% cash back on eligible grocery store purchases in Canada (up to $1,200 cash back annually) and 2% cash back on all other purchases. Note that accrued cash back is applied as a statement credit to your account each September.
Extra benefits of the SimplyCash® Preferred Card from American Express
American Express offers customers some truly advantageous benefits on top of the already great cash back rates. One that stuck out was the refer-a-friend bonus, which rewards customers with up to $2,250 annually for referring friends to sign up for the same valuable card. A cash payment of $150 for each individual referral is a nice incentive to get others the same benefits that you enjoy.
These additional features also apply:
1) Access events and special offers curated for Cardmembers with American Express® Experiences
- Insurance against damage and theft of a rental car
- Travel accident insurance value of $100,000
- Foreign medical insurance
- Theft of baggage and lost item insurance
3) For shoppers:
- Products that are bought with the SimplyCash® Preferred Card from American Express have their manufacturer’s warranty doubled, extending protection for expensive purchases.
- Insurance against theft or accidental damage on eligible new purchases made with the card.
A competitive cash back rate with no limits at the base earn rate, plus an array of nice features courtesy of American Express make this card very worthwhile for many individuals.
This post was not sponsored. The views and opinions expressed in this review are purely my own.
American Express is not responsible for maintaining or monitoring the accuracy of information on this website. For full details and current product information click the Apply now link. Conditions apply.